If your hot water system installed at home is running continuously then it calls for regular servicing too. Otherwise, you are likely to get a surprise failure of the system when you need a hot water supply the most. Regular servicing can also prolong the life of the hot water system.
You can always call a professional plumber Parramatta available with Wilco Plumbing who provides a reliable plumbing service at Paramatta too. This company is in this business for the last many years and you can get 24/7 service from them for any plumbing issues at your home.
Why should you get your hot water system regularly serviced?
There are several reasons why you should regularly get your hot water system properly serviced and some of them are as follows:
- Safety! Often you must have heard about blowing off of hot water units or bursting, and surely you will not prefer that happens to your system too.
- Regular servicing can extend the lifespan of the hot water system
- Your unit will run more efficiently, and your energy bills will be low
- It will increase the reliability of your system
- It will also reduce the need for frequent repairs
- Keeping your up-to-date servicing will help in protecting the warranties that you may have on your unit installed at your home
- It will also reduce any possibility of any costly accident happening.
Few signs that your hot water system now needs servicing
Leak, temperature fluctuations, strange noises, and also often running out of supply of hot water are a few common signs when you should call a plumber. Also, a few other signs in your hot water system may need professional attention:
- Pilot light problems
- Changes in water pressure
- Leakage of water from the hot water system
- Sediment in the water
- Your hot water system often making a rumbling or banging noises
Always refer to your manual provided by the supplier of the hot water system for troubleshooting tips.
How often you should service your hot water system?
There can be many different types of such hot water systems available on the market and they all may have their own schedule of different servicing requirements. However, very common guidelines that can be followed so far as how often any water heater must be serviced by any qualified plumber or gasfitter:
- Electric storage – 3 years maximum
- Continuous flow/instant – 3 years maximum
- Gas storage – 3 years maximum
- Solar and heat pump – 4 years maximum
Remember this schedule is not for all models of hot water systems. If your supplier has provided different maximum time period for servicing then you must follow that. The above servicing schedule has been provided as a guide only for most of the systems installed with the maximum recommended duration between services.
To get more information, you may refer to your manufacturer’s specifications. You must always get your system serviced by any professional company or the manufacturer’s service representative to protect your warranty. This will ensure that your hot water system will work without giving you any surprise.